DEDICATED TO ADVANCING THE CAREERS AND POSITIONS OF WOMEN IN THE COMEDY INDUSTRY
Founded in 2011 by Abbey Robertson, the Ladies of Comedy Association (LOCA) is a bi-coastal networking organization of female executives in the comedy industry. We regularly host member-only events including mixers, speed networking and panels on both coasts. With over 450 members across both coasts, our organization includes broadcast and cable network executives, agents, managers, publicists, lawyers, casting directors, producers and more.
LOCA has partnered with, consulted for and co-produced shows for organizations and festivals including Just for Laughs Montreal Comedy Pro, New York Comedy Festival, BANFF, JHRTS, Funny Women Festival, ImMEDIAte Justice.
LOCA was at Just for Laughs 2017
Our LOCA Google Group is Now Live!
Every LOCA member now has access to our new Google Group. It's an email forum that connects our organization's members across the country, from NYC to LA.
Benefits of joining:
- Provides opportunities to network and builds relationships with other LOCA members for professional development.
- Allows members to post job opportunities within the comedy industry.
- Connects members to collaborate, share resources and brainstorm ideas.
- Streamlines communications to LOCA members regarding events, news, projects, and other announcements.
- Serves as a private community for just LOCA members