Today, when advancing in your career building relationships is crucial. Our organization allows for members expand their network through:
• Speaker panels and forums
• Networking mixers
• Monthly bi-coastal meet-ups
• Members’ only email forum
OUR NEXT SHOW
Speaker Series: TV & Live Event production in comedy
May 17th, 2017
The panel was a moderated discussion to give LOCA members an inside look of the important role bookers/casting directors play in comedy.
• Candi Clare (Stand Up NY Booker)
• Allison Cohn (Casting Director)
• Jessica Pilot (Late Show Booker)
• Rebecca Trent (Owner of Creek & the Cave)
DAMN, SHE'S FUNNY!
November 1st, 2016
LOCA partnered with BanterGirl to participate in the New York Comedy Festival. Hosted by Kerry Coddett, we brought together some amazing talent on stage.
- Kerry Coddett (Comedy Central, truTV, MTV)
- Subhah Agarwal (Comedy Central, truTV, MTV)
- Janelle James (NBC, Comedy Central)
- Aparna Nancherla (Comedy Central)
- Liza Treyger (Comedy Central, MTV)
- Emma Willman (SiriusXM)
- Michelle Wolf (Comedy Central)
LOCA MOCA MIXER (WEST)
OCT 21ST, 2016
The West coast chapter had a mixer with some special speakers discussing about Agents and Managers in comedy.
• Oliva Gerke (3 Arts)
• Erica Lancaster (CAA)
• Kaitlyn Flynn (Buchwald)
• Jodi Lieberman (JLC Entertainment)
LOCA MIXER (EAST)
OCT 19TH, 2016
The leaves changed and so did we, continuing our LOCA events was the fall mixer that helped us "FALL" in to Autumn.
Speaker Series: PR, social Media & Branding
August 15th, 2016
The panel was a moderated discussion to give LOCA members an inside look of the important role PR, Social Media & Branding play in Comedy.
• Debra Kessler (The Interrobang)
• Liz DeCesare (Authentic Talent)
• Pam Loshak (Michael O'Brien Ent)
• Valentina Moore (HBO Digital)
LOCA MOCA Summer Mixer
JUNE 29th, 2016
What better way to kick off summer than drinks, city, and good laughs. A mixer at one of New York City's best comedy clubs got everyone drinking, talking, and laughing!
LOCA MOCA MIXER
Jan 18th, 2016
We started the New Year off with a mixer to bring together the people we met last year and bring in new people this year.